Activating Google Analytics when using a Custom Master Page

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
We are using a custom master page in our site - is there something I can adjust to make this work with the custom master page?

Thanks.
Jun 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM
There was a bug in the current version which was not applying always the update.
Generally it should work with custom master pages without touching them. Try out the latest version.
  • Adrian
Jun 10, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I just downloaded, installed and activated on Friday. Since I just added the Google account I will give it some time. Since Google has begun beta testing for the new Universal Analytics - that's the code I used. Should I be using the current?

Paige
Jun 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Update: I installed today's version and seem to have the same issue. The site isn't recognizing the code.
Sep 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Was this issue resolved ?
I'm planning to leverage this component for on site SharePoint 2013 . We've custom Master pages .

Is there a level of customization that might cause this ?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Sep 20, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Yes, the issue should have been resolved and it should work with customized masterpages.

To verify it, ensure that you are not on the minimal download page (Start.aspx).

The following steps should help to verify if it's correctly loaded:
  1. Goto: https://<yourhost>.sharepoint.com/SitePages/Home.aspx (Ensure that you are using exactly this url and not a url that points to /_layouts/15/start.aspx#)
  2. Open the source view
  3. Search for: /wsp365/googleanalytics.js